- The Internet will influence
nearly half of total retail sales in 2010, compared to 27% in 2005.
- This projection combines total sales transacted online with those carried out off line but encouraged by online research.
- Offline sales will grow at a faster rate than online sales over the next five years, indicating both the need and opportunity for multichannel retailers to integrate their offerings.
- 85% of online shoppers said they used the Internet to research their offline purchases in 2005.
- Online retail spending will increase from $81 billion in 2005 to $95 billion in 2006, and will grow to $144 billion in 2010 (Jupiter)
- By 2010, 71% of online users will use the Internet to shop compared to 65% in 2005
Here's the source